One of the most painful, unseemly, and expensive dental ailments to deal with is that of a cracked tooth. At Mirelez Wellness Dental in Fresno CA, our team has compiled a simple, easy-to-understand list of tips and tricks that you can use to keep your teeth healthy and your smile bright.
- Avoid Chewing Hard or Brittle Surfaces: Try to steer clear of ice, popcorn, nuts, beef jerky, and, of course, candy.
- Play Smart: If you’re big on physical activities like basketball, soccer, or football, a mouth protector is key. Physical activity is great for dental health, because it improves overall health! However. there’s a safe way to do it!
- Pits Can Spell Danger: When biting into a soft fruit, like a peach or plum, make sure to avoid cracking a tooth on the pit. If you bite too hard and too confidently, you could end up severely damaging a tooth.
- Treat Bruxism: Teeth grinding tends to have negative effects on a smile. It wears the enamel in your teeth down, inevitably leading to a cracked or broken tooth.If you find yourself succumbing to tooth-grinding (also called bruxism), make sure to mention it. We can recommend treatment!
- Your Teeth Are Not A Tool: That package you’ve been trying desperately to open? Use a pair of scissors on it! Seriously, opening a package or ripping the price tag off a new piece of clothing with your mouth can spell doom. Same with nuts; use a nutcracker! Otherwise, you might be in the hole for hundreds of dollars!
- See Us Regularly: During your visit, we can identify and warn you of conditions that might be threatening the integrity of your dental structure. These could include an uneven chewing surface or brittle, weakened teeth. With our advanced tools, we can even discover diminutive cracks that you might not even be able to see. If you repair these early, you can prevent any further damage.
The team at Mirelez Wellness Dental in Fresno CA wants all our patients to enjoy only the best dental health possible. Patients in Medera, Selma, and Oakhurst come to us for complete family, cosmetic, and restorative dentistry services. Contact us today!